Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Photography in Different Light


 If you've been following the blog for a while, you probably kind of get what my photo "style" is like. It's bright, white light, with high contrast, and retouched where possible. I feel this style suits my straight-forward personality well. Yes, I do a lot of post-editing and the shots I post are very rarely raw. I actually don't remember posting a raw photo, in the last several years.

Anyway, it took me a while to actually develop that style. After a few years of practice, I started to "get" lighting, and I figured out how to capture quality raw photos that modify well. So, to change it up a bit, the other week I took the camera outside in the evening when the light was low and had a really warm in quality to it. Wow, what a challenge it was to get good shots. I probably had the wrong lens for the job, but even so, I had a lot of trouble judging where to put the light, and how much light I needed to get a good raw image. Ha! A new challenge to tackle!

Here are a couple of my shots. Post-edited of course, because, let's face it, I am not very good at this yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment