Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week - Nothing December 15, 2014

We are taking it easy this week. We had a lot of fun last weekend on vacation but I, for one, am glad to be back. Big crowds and dealing with service staff isn't my kind of thing. I'd rather be with no one in the middle of nowhere. 

We have just about a week left before we hop on another plane, or two, to travel back east for the Christmas and New Year holidays. For this reason, and because I am inundated with other projects, we are focusing on other practical life lessons this week and not spending too much time in the classroom. Laundry, cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping, gift wrapping, gift giving, and cooking are all activities the kids seem to like doing and I am thankful for the teaching opportunity and the help. S helped me make buttercream last night, T helped me empty the dishwasher, and D helped sort the HUGE pile of laundry we brought home. 
The time we did spend in the classroom yesterday was dedicated to organizing and finishing the 1,000 bead chain. We had to clean it all up by the afternoon since our bedroom furniture FINALLY came and the chain spanned most of the upstairs hallway. 
 This is how S felt after finishing the bead chain.

This is T helping me code and finally really organize all the pin map flags I made almost a year ago.

In the gift wrapping department, this is what the office area looked like until just very recently. 

For those of you who love gift wrapping better than gift getting (I seriously do love wrapping better than getting...call me picky) check out this video. I've seen this done in Japan in the department stores, but never was actually able to attempt it in real life until I saw a slower video demonstration. It isn't as easy as it looks, and it is harder with a square shaped box. This video does the diagonal wrapping a little slower, but check out this lady!! The speed!! The ease! Can she help me out Christmas eve I wonder? 

Anyway, I plant to check in later in the week if I haven't burnt off my fingers cooking sugar to the hard crack stage. Hope you all are rolling along quite nicely this Advent season!


No comments:

Post a Comment