Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Merry Christmas

First of all, thanks to anyone and everyone who takes a bit of time to read the silliness I put down here in this space. It does really mean a lot to me.

Secondly, I am very pleased that the baking for the holidays is over. I feel the itch to bake more, but my feet and back aren't having it. 

Thirdly, we are flying east tomorrow to visit with family and friends for the Christmas and New Year holiday, so for all those I am thankful for reading my blog, well the blog will be a little quiet. Hopefully, hopefully, we will return to our regular schedule after the new year.

So, I leave you with a little advanced practical life lesson, so nicely demonstrated by my two lefties...lots of practice is the key to achieving great results with royal icing! (Oh, and a small tip (no pun intended here) I am right handed and I twist the pastry bag clock-wise. I thought it kind of helped the lefties in my life to twist the pastry bag counter-clock-wise.)
 It might also be helpful to have larger hands...or a smaller pastry bag.

1 comment: