Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Where We Are - July 1, 2014

We are in Texas!

We are renting a small vacation home in the south of the city until we can close on a home here in Texas. After six weeks of my husband alternating between Texas and Virginia, we decided to rent a home for a small bit before our home purchase was finalized. This will keep our family together and help keep my husband from spending 10 hours a week in airports and planes.

The sale of our home in VA was supposed to close two days after we arrived in Texas. It didn't. Back on the market, we received two offers in two days. We already have a ratified contract to purchase a home in Texas and we need to close in VA before closing in TX. Now after negotiating one of the sale offers, we are just holding our breath that this sale will go through and will not lose the house here in TX.

IF all goes as planned, hopefully we will be settled in a new home come late-August. Until then we are enjoying humid 100+ degree days at the neighborhood splash pads, cooking dinners at home, and getting lost in and around the city.

I can't wait to unpack our Montessori classroom and get started again. Stay tuned! And have a wonderful summer!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Praying everything goes as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear your update! Moving is so crazy, but I'm glad you decided to find a way to keep your family together. What a relief for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to hear from you! I've wondered how the move was going/had gone - such a huge undertaking! Glad to hear you are doing well, and I'm sure you will just LOOOOOOVE the hot summer (hahaha!). Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your well wishes. We can't wait to get back to our school activities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your move! I'm probably your newest reader. I just finished reading your blog through from the first post. I have a son about 6 months younger than your D so I'll be excited to see his progress as he'll likely be just a step ahead of my DJ. I've just begun blogging our journey too (also mostly for the grandparents). Have a great summer and I'll be reading as you continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to come by and comment! I am so glad that something on the blog was helpful! We will hopefully be in our new home by the end of August and I can't wait to start schooling and blogging again! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

      Delete
  6. Welcome to Texas! We just moved here a year ago and live near Austin. Sounds like you aren far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! e-mail me privately...and we'll see if we can connect! It would be FABULOUS to connect with some fellow Montessori homeschoolers in the area!

      Delete